Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent hearing beep on calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

wil19148

Technical User
Feb 15, 2007
US
We are on CM 2.2, with CCE 2.0. We have 1 agent who is reporting hearing a random 'beep' during calls. The beep is similar to the beep that might occur to notify you your calls are being recorded. This is not happening for every call, and it does not happen in any sort of regular pattern.

While we do have trunk-side recording through NICE, we do not have the beep enabled.

As some of the customers are calling from their home phones, I have eliminated the possibility of it being a call recording notifier from the far end.

Any ideas, gang?

Thanks for the thought, but Agent is using a 2410 not a callmaster.

Just curious.. If using a headset. has the agent changed the batteries in the headset amplifier?

;-)

There are no batteries to change - it is an Avaya HIC1 headset that plugs into headset jack of phone.

I have also switched out the headset with a new one and that has not changed anything.

Has anyone else heard this beeping at the station?

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

I have heard it on two of the agents' NICE recordings, but not on any of the others where he has said he's heard it. Strange! The caller does not appear to hear it on their end.

Do you have Service Observe Warning Tones enabled? Are your supervisors observing calls for training or quality?

Service observe warning tone and conference tone are both set to N.

As an update the agent did not encounter this problem yesterday or on Friday afternoon... if I get no reports today I will chalk it up to "one of those things".

we are experiencing this too

2410 phones, amp with power supply, no batteries

is there a gremlin in our phone system?

sara

I vaguely remember having a similar issue on our system and this being resolved by a patch!!!

not much help but I will try and dig out some more information but i think that it was Communication Manager 3.1.2 Service Pack 01.2.632.1-12866 PCN 1586

Obviously we were euunin CM 3.1.2 on s8720 at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back