Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent doesn't work properly. Any input appreciated! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blavergne

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2001
US
Hi guys, I have eight boxxes setup with the Backup Agent (they are Win2k AS machines ; Backup Exec is running off another Win2k Pro box), but 2 of the boxxes will not start up the agent. In services, the agent has not even started, and when I try to, it says,

"Could not start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 service on local computer.
Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."

The Agent works flawlessly on the other machines, which led me to beleive it was a setup thing, but everything seems to be configured properly. How can I get it to start opperating properly?! Any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you,
Barry LaVergne

On the server where the Agent Accelerator (Backup Exec for Windows NT/2000 v8.0)/Remote Agent (Backup Exec for Windows NT/2000 v8.5) is installed locate the registry key by performing the following:
1. Go to Start > Run.
3. Type Regedt32 and locate the key

"\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock\Parameters\Tr
ansports"

If there is a reference to the AppleTalk protocol and it is not installed on the system, then remove this entry and reboot the server. The Agent Accelerator/Remote Agent service should start and the remote server can be backed up.

Make sure the user rights policy in User Manager for Domains has the target server
login account be able to Log On as a Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back