Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent desktop displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

glynnmsg

Technical User
Jul 26, 2004
US
Has anyone ever run into this problem with the AGENT DESKTOP DISPLAY:

(The system could not log you on to symposium call center server with the phoneset login id xxxx. Try typing it again.
If the problem persist, your logon id might not exist on the server.)

My call center started getting this error, and I can't find any reason why this should be happening. The IDS do exist on the WEB client and the symposium server. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

This problem has been seen on SWC 4.5 SU00 (no ServiceUpdate installed). Try to install the lastest SU for SWC.

Thanks Skaret , but unfortunately I have not yet upgraded to SWC 4.5. I’m still running on a earlier release. This application was running fine for about 2 years, before it failed. Any other suggesting.

I've seen this before. Usually the Agent is not logged in.

Skaret,

I removed the SWC server and the symposium server from my network and attached them to a small CISCO hub. I then attached the hub to the cisco blade using a patch cord. My agents were then able to activate the application.

Thanks for the help

Mark

Just wondering: Since ADD does not require a userid/pwd to log onto to it, my question is just what does an agent do to launch ADD on their workstation? Do they click on an icon on the desktop? How does ADD "know" what the ACD ID is for the Agent whom just clicked the ADD icon on their desktop ??

dangerboyII The Agent needs to be logged into his or her set, the agent would then launch the ADD display, the will them be asked for the phone set id.

Thanks. so if i understand this, the agent in effect keys into the nortel phoneset agent id 1234 (or whatever it is), then then click the icon on the workstation for ADD, ADD gets started and they then type into ADD, the 1234..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back