Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent depolyment with local admin rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorTech

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2004
US
I have been successful depolying EPO Agent with local admin rights ( not domain admin rights ). Running EP0 3.1 on 2003 server.

This could be IT Admins worst nightmare. Let's assume a scenario that we have some server with lose local admin password. Could a person do a fresh install of EPO on that server, import all the machines from the domain ( the main problem is someone importing all the machines from our domain, without the requirement of Domain admin username and password ) and manage agent?

has anyone tried this ?

Regards,

JuniorTech
garora@auburnalabama.org

The agent is set to communicate with a specific epo server. The agent also has a unique agent ID that the EPO server it was installed from knows.

Addus

Addus

thanks for your reply. But what is someone did a fresh install of EPO server in an organziation , where no one has used agents before. Log onto a server with local admin rights, install EPO, import all the clients from the Domain ( lets assume the server is on the domain ). and starts to send agent installation. The problem is , doing all this with local admin rights, and not have to worry about Domain username and password for the entire process.

am I missing some information here ?

Regards,

JuniorTech
garora@auburnalabama.org

Ahhh. I see what you talking about now.

I know you can grab the package with local admin rights from C:\Program Files\Network Associates\ePO\3.0.1\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000.

I think you can also installing it using a local account by doing the following (check the manual tho or try it with one machine)

When you send out the agent and it asks for credentials put in the following for the username field. username: .\yourlocaladminaccount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back