Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent deployment problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokbar

Technical User
Jan 1, 2005
US
From the server side, pushing agents from the directory seemed to be successful. (check appeared next to computer names) The Network Associates folder is installed on the client, but I'm not seeing any icons in the system tray. Also, the original antivirus software was not removed. Am I missing a step? Anyone know what the problem could be? I'm using ePO 3.5 and the clients are XP.

The agent icon shows up in the tray only if you set it up that way in the Agent policies. By default it is not shown.

To install McAfee Antivirus 8.0i you have to enable the Deployment task. Click on the Directory, go to the Tasks tab and double-click the Deployment task. Remove all of the Inherit checkmarks on all tabs here, check "Enable task", in Settings select Install for both ePO Agent and VirusScan 8.0 and then OK. In Schedule option you can select Run Immediately - this is not very important since this task is run at each policy enforcement interval as specified in Settings.

After you've defined the Deployment task rightclick on any Sites you may have and select Agent Wakeup Call.

Thanks! Several of the systems are up and running :) There are a few that won't accept deployment, though. They are running the same OS. I've checked the IP configuration, permissions, DNS, memory & HD space. Nothing appears to differ from the systems that are pushed to successfully. Any thoughts?

check the c:\windows\temp\NAIlogs\frminst_(computer name).log file that will give you some insight as to what failed during the install process.

Don't forget the RPC service must be running on the remote computer else you wont get no where fast! If you've got XP2 or just firewall turned on, you'll need to open ports 80, 81, 8080 and 8081.

Thank you all. I ended up performing manual installs on the machines. Everything seems to be running fine now. There are 2 more networks slated for ePO installation. I'll keep these tips handy if/when we run into problems with those projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back