Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent call transfer tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelcoRod

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2007
PH
Hi Gurus,
I'm just new here and just want to ask for a help knowing that these forum might help me to answer my boss's query regarding call transfer tracking. He wanted me to check if there's a way we can track the transferred calls made by the agent to another department. We're using CM 3.1.3, AES server version 3.1 and CMS 13. My problem is that I cannot track the calls our call center agents made because whenever they made transfers, their state still in ACD state since whe are using ISDN trunk group with T1s configured as ISDN-PRI. In this configuration, we still using the line that the call was originated and doesn't routed to another line whenever our agents did the transfers. Thanks in advance.

are you using vdns for transfers or are you transferring manually, that is dialing a number manually. If you are sending the calls to a vdn, you could track that, right?

Thanks for your immediate response 2BAvoice! Unfortunately, our agents here did transfers using the code *8 then the corresponding toll free numbers. For example, while the call is active and the agent needs to transfer the call to another dep.t, the agent then press *88881234567 where *8 is the Sprint feature and 8881234567 isthe toll free number of the department. This DNIS will then have a crresponding VDN number to that

By the way, my concern is actually how to trace the number of transfer connect calls made by our agents here in our call center. Transfer connect is the feature provided by Sprint (*8 feature). Thanks.

Simple to do if you don't mind tracing all your agents. From the resulting tracedata it is simple to produce a report that id's transferred calls by agent. Be sure to make sure enough storage is allocated to handle resulting trace data.

I know that alot of people are concerned about overburdening the CMS server with tracing. That may be a rule of thumb that originates in the old ATT 3B days. Today's servers are very powerful.

TelcoRod,

i don't think you may trace such transfers. as you said previously, the state of call isn't changed and definity doesn't know about it. hence it can't report anything to cms.

Thanks guys. Dwalin is correct. Since we're not utilizing any new trunk members using transfer connect feature, the agent still uses the line upon transferring where the original call went through. :(

Why don't you create an announcement with the *8+TollFree #, and point a VDN to a vector with this new annoucement?

The agents can transfer to the VDN instead of the *8 and you can get a peg count in CMS as to how many calls are going there.

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor response: "We've never seen this issue before.

Thanks Stinney. I cannot do that because Sprint's transfer connect feature only works if the agent is engage on a call and at the sime time will utilize the existing line to transfer the call to another department/location. By the way, the *8 code was actually defined in Sprint cloud and not on our PBX. Thanks again.

We use Sprint for transfer connect. The agent doesn't have to be on the call, the Sprint circuit is listening to the line for the tones. It doesn't matter if the agent is on the line pressing the tones, or the tones are coming from a recording. If you call and talk to your vendor they should confirm this.

- Stinney

If you want to test it, build the announement, VDN and Vector, call the 800 # and ask the agent to transfer you to the VDN.

- Stinney

Got it! I will try to do it in the next few hours and give you feedback what will be the result. Thanks!

Probably should have also mentioned to add about 2 seconds silence or ringing at the beginning of the vector to allow agent time to get the transfer through. The agent can't stay on the line, they must blind transfer the call.

- Stinney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back