Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent Call Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

aperez54

Technical User
Aug 12, 2008
CA
I don't really know if it falls under this category - oh and not to mention I'm not the Symposium tech guy (gal). I just do reporting.

Is there any way to have the phone set up so that when the caller disconnects, the agent's phone line remains 'live' for a few seconds then he/she either disconnects or the system disconnects the line for the agent.

Is there such a thing? I'm pretty sure in Aspect which I worked with before had something similar. Coupled with call recording/monitoring and screen capture we were able to tell that who disconnected the call.

Thanks

I think I'm fairly safe in saying that there is no facility to do what you are describing. There have been a number of threads on this forum from folk wanting to find out who disconnected first, there was no real solution to my knowledge. It is very dangerous to allow an agent time to disconnect at their discretion since they would generally abuse the feature to avoid taking calls.

*sigh*

Such a futile attempt. That said, I will give up on this one. Thanks captain.

In Contact Center look at the "Call Presentation Classes"
Set the "After Call Break for x seconds

The problem is, the break timer starts AFTER the call has been disconnected.

tweak the break timer and in addition you can see who disconnected 1st in call-by-call - it has ALL call state changes - that being said you need someone(dba/sql dudes are the best for that) who knows how to extract and sort the call-by-call data - I have used it to prove who disc 1st and also how fast the disc spv is sent/recieved by the trunk - make sure your rdb is set to fedc=eth and nedc=eth to facilitate disc spv as quick as possible - remember that different types of trunks can take longer to achieve disc spv and that the callers source may be a older central office which can cause longer disc spv times - remember that non-e&m and non-ground start trunks have no disc spv - use all these tools and you can find your problem and offending agent(s).
p.s. cdr data can also be helpful to determine disc times but call-by-call is the ultimate - be careful not to overload the call-by-call database - use the tool for call-by-call to calculate effects on memory before saving. The rdb fedc and nedc can be set to originate on callers side or agents side having the effect that when the caller sends disc spv it disconnects but the agent must wait for the fedc disc spv before the next call is presented - this can cause extra call time as some callers c.o.'s will take longer to disc( for instance one caller may take 4 sec to send disc spv - our agents used to call this "free break time" until i corrected the fedc/nedc to eth(eth on both fedc/nedc is NOT the default) - this saved approx 2-8 seconds off each call saving us money and eliminating the agent "free break time" which brought talk times down in addition to faster asa etc...our agents are taught to NEVER use the RLS button!(callers disc spv being recieved releases the call and when it releases the line due to fedc spv being recieved the agent is considered idle and the
"break for x seconds" timer starts - if possible always use isdn pri as it achieves ans and disc spv much quicker than d4 t-1's or cot's - I know this seems complicated but it is really quite simple "old school" tip and ring telephony.
good luck and may the force be with you!
-ky-
also if you are using Nortel tapi service provider the break timer setting can cause late screen pops or double popping etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back