Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aged Payable Report Not printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibbler01

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2007
CA
I'm running ACCPAC 5.2A, whenever a user tries to run the aged payables report with more than 25 vendors or so, i get an error, that seems to be caused by the length of time it takes accpac to gather the records ...., This is the error message that I'm getting "Crystal Report = invalid file name
Error -2147467259".

How much free space do you have on your C drive?
The aged payables report creates a file in your TEMP folder, you can be running out of disk space.

I tried on two different clients: one have 215GB and the other 9GB (noth on C drive); is this enough?
Our ACCPAC clients are installed from a UNC with the program files on the server; the server partition hosting the installation has 3.74GB available.

This is the actual errors sequence we get:

Just after the last vendor has been processed (there is a message showing "sorting records...please wait")

1) -2147417848, Automation Error, The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

2) -2147467259, invalid file name (the message caption is "Crystal Report")

the second error gets also tracked in the file ..\accpac\runtime\event.log

Do you know what is the name of the temp file?

Done more tests and found a solution but we are still missing a clear explanation of this.

Based on Ettienne suggestion we have been looking at the TEMP folder; tried to clean it but no uck; the issue disappeared after changing the user TEMP environment variable from the standard location:
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Temp into another location like C:\temp or D:\temp

It simply works, if you look in that temp folder you see that ACCAPC generates one and then other temp files (in our case about 12MB in total).

Now I need to undertand in which circumstances ACCPAC doesn't like the standard user temp folder....any suggestion?

Thanks!

That's interesting about the TEMP folder. I have never had the same problem, it could just be one of those MS Windows black hole things.
Try deleting all the files in the user's TEMP folder and run the report again using the standard TEMP folder. You may need to boot to a DOS prompt to delete all the TEMP files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back