Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aged Inventory Report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystell

Technical User
Mar 11, 2022
CA
I am using Exact Macola version 9.6.600, is there any way to get an aging inventory report?
We run the stock status monthly to reconcile our GL to, but our parent company now wants more data about the age and turnaround of our inventory. Is there any way to get this sort of data from Macola?

Thank you [bigsmile]

I have written this report before. I used the iminvtrx_sql table, only looking at receipt transactions, and going backwards in time to find out when the qty on hand was received on a FIFO basis. Then dropped this into monthly buckets. Not for the faint of heart but doable.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

As Don states - can be derived from the inventory history. A SQL stored procedure works too as you simply need to pull the cost and qty. from the most recent inventory transaction that is on or before the stored procedure date parameter. I've done this in the past for customers that wanted to see inventory value on a date they specify, but I've also done it where it populates a table with the values for every date/item/location combination in history.

This all assumes you haven't purged your inventory history of course.

Peter Shirley

Thank you, Don and Peter [bigsmile]
Looks like it's something I'll need to get our consulting company in to do for me... Beyond my skillset. Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back