Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Age calc doesnt work on XP but it did on W98 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn1

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
US
Access 2000, OnCurrent
Displaying a persons age on the screen as the form is displayed--worked fine under Windows 98 but now, under XP, the following msg displays:
"Function is not available in expressions in table-level validation expression"
Debug brings me to the VB line of code:
Me.Age = strAge

I have tried moving the age-calc code to a couple of other Event times --BeforeUpdate and OnLoad and get the same basic error msg. I have tried using a different age calculation and putting it in a function--same result.

I'm assuming that your form is bound to a table/recordset. The phrase "table level validation" indicates that there is validation code for (possibly) the Age field in the table design. The phrase "function is not available in expressions" indicates that the validation code (expression) is trying to use a function that is no longer available or permitted. Check the fields (especially Age) in your table design for validation code that may be causing your error message.

jfischer:
Thanks for the reply.
I agreed with you that the "table level validation" msg suggests that the program is attempting to violate a "validation rule" (at the table level). One of the 1st things I did was to go in check the "validation rule" at the table level (these are linked tables)--I even changed the field type from "byte" to integer" on the age field. I still got the error message.

After I read your response, I went in on the table level and removed all validation rules for all of the fields in the record (there are about 75 fields) but this did not help.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Keep in mind that these errors only started occuring when I moved the system from Windows 98 to XP. Could it simply be a missing or updated DLL causing the prob.?
Thanks, TF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back