Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrigrant

Systems Engineer
Jun 21, 2004
CA
Avaya have released new maintenance releases for 2.1 and 3.0
You can find it in the usual place and it's called the "November Maintenace Release"

I wonder, if one is running 3.1 are these issues already resolved or is there a pending maintenance release for 3.1 as well?

Guess.................... maybe februari? version 3.1.91?
Right now its 3.1.50 or something like that

I,m a little confused but the bugs that are resolved in this maintenance are still in the 3.1 version.
and will be resolved in maintenance release in februari.

I thougt 3.1 also resolved some bugs from 3.0

greets peter

3.1 maintenance is meant to be December time....and it's 3.1(44) at the moment I believe.

I think you are correct - there are some bugs which have been fixed in 3.0 maint release, that are in the current 3.1 GA!!

Confusing, isn't it?

actually this is for people who didnt want to upgrade to 3.1 yet.. it was a planned maintence release..
3.0 and 3.1 are different.. if you have already upgraded to 3.1 I wouldn't think going to this version would do anything for you... probaly not too many fixes that are in it that were not in 3.1

Avaya told us not to upgrade any 3.0 boxes to 3.1 in order to solve problems.
Here's what Avaya told me:

"Release 3.1 should not be used as a fix for any 3.0 issues. There will be a maintenance release for 3.0 soon.
Release 3.1 is a separate with new features it was not intended to be sold as the fix for 3.0

Avaya has created a lot of work for themselves by releasing four! different versions of software wich all have to be supported for bug fixes.
These versions are :
2.1, for the DT phones community
3.0DT, like above but a total failure
3.0GA, for the CALA market
3.1GA, for the EMEA market

It's time for someone to wake up within Avaya and decide to build only one (stable) version then they can put more efford in making things better and more sophisticated.

Avaya, we want/need full merge, SIP, T.38, different behaviour for internal and external calls, more divert options ( busy, free, night) for users, change the clock from a extension, TDM hotdesking within SCN, distributed ringing groups in SCN, more extensions/users as 360 or 500 within SCN, one Manager for all versions and ....
a fancy softphone for my WiFi PDA!

Anyone some ideas?

Well put intrigrant

hotdesking between SCN, one manager for all versions (any software from 2.1 onwards), .net manager, batch changes within Manager and quite a lot more is allllll coming sooon - within a few years anyway!!!

Oh, and the highest numbered group problem has finally been resolved in CCC5.1 - code was written months and months ago, but because of the Tenovis takeover, that had was priority in recent builds - but it is coming....soon!

Can anyone have a whinge ?

How about some nice queuing options with multiple messages and variable times between them. Like the good old ACA on index!

I would like to see:

1)Queueing messages work across scn for remote hunt groups when using centralized vmail.
2)Be able to add users in a local hunt group from a remote scn system. I have had enough of this creating overflow groups with fake users forwarded across network to actual destination. Its to hard to follow and trace out when somthing doesnt work.
3)I would like to be able to set a overflow from a hunt group to an extension instead of always having to create another huntgroup and adding the user in the group for this purpose. Save us the time and hassel.
4)Fix the message waiting light problem that has seemed to plague every software release from early 2.1
5)Have the option for multiple MOH sources.
6)Start supporting multiple ring types for each user. The options are in the manager, but its not supported and only works in 2.1.27 There has been a heavy need for this feature but avaya has been dragging their feet on this one.
7)Allow support for 406v2 and 412 to be able to plug license key directly into unit like SOE with serial key.

I could think of a million things that have been requested and needed by our customers.

1, maybe
2, in 4.1 ( 2007 )
3, ?
4, ?
5, no way
6, ?
7, already possible, we only sell serial dongles

5) How about an analogue trunk board or module. This is how a lot of other system do MOH.

8)SIP trunk

9) ISDN BRI in North America

it would be nice to have a maintenance fix that does not kill off some of the functions the previous version has.

example using v2.1.x and inhouse call logging program, the program displayed the CLID as calls came in, upgraded to v3.0, bye bye to all clid displays. downgraded to v2.1 welcome back clid displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back