Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After you test AS2 with Wal-Mart.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhextall

Programmer
Jul 15, 2003
US
After you test AS2 with Wal-Mart how long do you have before they force you to stop you dial-up access? We run TrustedLink and are in the process of getting Trailblazer up and running on our iSeries. Our EDI person just left and I was thrown into the fire until we hire a replacement. I was just wondering if I am able to test with Wal-Mart and have success, will they grant me some time so I can do the necessary work to get Trustedlink and Trailblazer working together fairly well?

Wal-Mart flips the switch to go live on Tuesdays. Once your AS2 connection test is successful, they will want you to run parallel with dial-up for at least a week. You will then be put into production on a following Tuesday once the week is up.

How well does Wal-Mart take it if the test goes badly?

That I don't know. Our testing went well. We've had no issues while in production either.

Hello Ronhextall,

I'm in a similar situation. Our EDI tech also left, and I was thrown into the fire as well. He was actually utilizing an older version of Gentran v2.1, which didn't help the situation. I created a new server and I'm in the process of upgrading and moving all of my data to (Gentran v4.0). We are currently in parallel testing with Wal-Mart and everything is in conplience. I did ask for an extra week of parallel testing and they had no problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back