Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

after upgrading to access 2000 functions in my database don't work 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Technical User
Jul 17, 2001
US
when I upgraded to access 2009 functions in my database such as format() for dates is not recognized. I encountered this before when updating in access 97 but was able to fix it by refreshing the links in the code module. This does not work now.

give us an example
I think maybe you don't have a reference or two checked in VBA
open VBA editor and see if you have all of these
click "tools" menu then "reference"

X Visual Basic for applications
X Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
X OLE automation

If you are using ADO
X Microsoft ActiveX Data Object 2.1 (or higher)

If you are using DAO
X Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Libary

DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

An example is ="Printed on " & Format(Now(),"dd mmm yyyy") The format function is not reconized

Doug P
I checked these things and found them to be installed and it still does not work.

I'm glad someone else is having this problem. I have a simple 4 field Query and report for birthday's. My report is set to have the Month as part of the page header - =format$([DOB],"mmmm"). I receive the error undefined function 'Left' in expression.
I have deleted the report and query and used the wizards to recreat and still receive the same message. I'm puzzled.

If you are using DAO
X Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Libary

Try moving the above to third/fourth on the reference list.That's worked for me in the past.

David

This may be a bit irrelevant but please folks, tell me there isn't really an Access 2009 yet! I know Microsoft usually (try to) bring out new software the year before its name but 2009! I'm feeling like Rip van Winkel. Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

I tried to follow DougP's suggestion but I do not have "reference" on my "tools" menu - or any other menu. Any suggestions????

If you go into modules,open any module and References should be in Tools.

David

I believe I have the same trouble. My system at the house is running Windows 98 and everything works fine there but when I take it to the shop and attempt to run my database on a Windows 2000 machine none of the IIf functions work. Both machines have the same version of Access installed. What gives???? I will attempt your suggestions there and see if it fixes my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back