Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After upgrade to 8.0.18, no longer able to make calls on SIP trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

capthoward

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2008
US
When the system was on 7.0.27 everything was fine. Upgraded to 8.0.18 and now inbound is ok, but outbound is rejected. The trace says 403 Forbidden in SSA. Any ideas what may have changed between releases?

Ask the provider why they are sending that response, that will be the quickest route :)

They say they don't ever see a call hit their switch.

I see, when this has happened to me the device with the external IP needs rebooting, so router or system in most scenarios, sometime both :)

I have a couple of systems with SIP trunks on 8.0.18 so it should work fine.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

In monitor its saying URI not recognized. Isn't that something in the SIP URI part of the SIP line programming? It is set to * for local URI, contact name, and display. PAI is use credentials user name, registration is set to 1:XXXXXXXXXX. The X's are the customer's phone number which is how the trunks register.

Like I said inbound works!

Then your ARS is wrong.
It should be something like this:

N
Dial
N"@123.123.123.123"
Line id trunk

BAZINGA!

I tried that Peter...no good. I sent the monitor trace to the carrier and they compared it to yesterday's successful call trace. They say the PAI field is missing today. I looked at the Tech Bulletin 143 and it mentions a missing PAI that is fixed in 8.0.42. Could that be it?

As it turns out, 8.0.18 has a bug. I applied 8.0.42 and all is well. Typical Avaya.

capthoward,

Yep. I reported this to Avaya back when I upgraded from 7.0.x to 8.0 when R8 first came out. I told them the PAI field was not being populated. Their response -- it was never designed to work the way it was in 7.0.x, and if it did work, they can't explain why but it now works as designed in R8 (ie: does not work). So I downgraded back to R7.

Yesterday I read the tech bulletin 143 and see a mention of the PAI being fixed. So I upgraded to 8.0.42 and problem solved. All now works as "not designed" in 7.0.x. I pulled up the email from Avaya and wrote them back thanking them for for fixing what was not broken in 7.0.

I have had one part of Avaya telling our sales team there is absolutely no problem with XYZ, stop saying there is or else!
while another part was asking me to test the patch to fix it!

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

pfff or else what.
I would have laughed at him!!!

BAZINGA!

I think all Avaya staff are like Charlie/Hank in Me, myself and Irene :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back