Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After Update Event Access 2000 Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallbarb

Instructor
Mar 19, 2002
US
I have a form in Access 2000 with an unbound field that I want set to the current date any time specific fields in this form get modified (not if any part of the form is modified, only if those fields are). I created a macro that is tied to the "After Update" events of these fields. The macro simply sets that unbound control to the current date. It works just fine. The only problem is, the current date shows on EVERY record and not just the one where the data got changed. I want that field on the records which did not change to have nothing in it. Can you help? Thanks a heap!!

I would guess that since its an unbound field, it's not getting initialized when you go to a new record. You're seeing the value from the last previous update. I would try setting the unbound field to Null on the current event to clear it out on a new record.

It's standard behaviour of unbound control in a continuous form.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back