Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After reinstalling the perl interpreter it denies access to users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bytor2000

ISP
Jan 5, 2004
US
Hello All

I have a server that perl got screwed up on. So I reinstalled the rpm and most of my scripts started to work again. Some however did not.

It seems that perl is not allowing users to use certain function of the perl install. As an example a script that uses cgi:carp does not work unless I block out that part of the script with (#) in front of every line that refers to it.

I don't know how to fix this or where I might find the answer except here.

Is the problem a permissions problem? So do I have to assign perl to a group? If so how would I do that?

Thank you for any help given.

It should be. It says that it is a part of the perl library that I installed and it shows on the package tree.

Okay I have done some more investigating on this and the problem is with CGI::Carp. When I try to install this I get 3 error messages. the script fails with these

t/fast.t
t/function.t
t/request.t

How can I install them?

Did you install the same version of Perl that you were running before? If not, you may have files from two different versions, in which case you should go onto CPAN and download all of your modules for your new version.

Sincerely,

Tom Anderson
Order amid Chaos, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back