Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After programming in Delphi since i

Status
Not open for further replies.

RElmaaroufi

Programmer
Oct 15, 2023
MA
After programming in Delphi since it first came out I have run into a new error that I have never seen before and which I do not understand. The error:

Cannot run project unless a host application is defined. Use the Run|Parameters .. dialog box.

I do not understand what needs to be entered in the Run forms.

Help.

Ooh yes,

But I did not get how he solves it, could you help me please !

Thanks in advance !

Hi Mikrom

Yes, because i found that the thread was closed, and I'm a newbie on this platform,

Any help please ?

Are you creating a DLL or an ActiveX control? Those types of projects cannot be run by themselves. Another program is expected to load the DLL or ActiveX control and make use of it. So Delphi is saying that you can't run your project. You can, however, tell Delphi to run another executable which is expected to load your project and then you should be able to debug it.

Ah okay, but how can I define tell delphi to run another executable, knowing that in my case I was given this project from my client, and I tried to execute it using the RAD STUDIO IDE, by opening the .dproj file and then execute (P.S the run button in delphi indicates that it points to a .bpl file).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back