Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After move ext getting GMB messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

gschulte

Technical User
Sep 29, 2017
US
I have a issue that popped up that has me stumped. Everything was humming along correctly until we moved a user. after a office move she now receives the messages from the GMB or is at least getting all the not answered calls from the incoming main line. This is only happening after hours and we do not have night service nor do we have a AA set up.

From what I can see all the forward no answers are still correct and the main receptionist still has access to the general mail box but I am unsure what to check to see why this moved user is getting the after hours voicemails.

We run a very simple set up with a main receptionist receiving all but DID calls and a few users with ring only on a few lines to act as back up. The fact that everything was working as expected before the move makes me wonder about things but I am still a little shaky on the phone system so it might just be some green showing through. Any help on what to check is greatly appreciated.

You did not provide details as to what was done to move the user.

The normal way if Set Relocation is on is for the user to mover their phone to the new office.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Yes we had set relocation set to yes and that was done the day before so there was plenty of time for saving the information. I also forgot to mention that we only noticed it at night. we tested and any external incoming calls not answered get sent to her voicemail box, the issue does persist into normal working hours.

I took a second and checked both the reception (ext 700) and the users phone (ext 739) and both are forward on busy to EXT 730 the voicemail system. I think that might be the issue but I am not certain if the reception should be forwarded to the GMB ext 100. I could not find anything concrete on that.

Well I cleared the forward no answer from the reception extension and the same result, any incoming call that is not answered goes to ext 739 giving her greeting and not the general voicemail box.

Reception (or other sets told to Ring on inbound lines) should never be Forward Busy turned on.
Also note in case somebody has lines ring on their set they should also never use the Forward to Mail option (F894)

Only the KSU (Service Modes) decides what phone/device should answer at a given time (Auto) or invoked by a control set (Manual) where Voice Mail can only play a certain greeting depending on the time.

Night Service (Service Mode):
-A control set can invoke night by F871 or cancel it F#871 (or F871 again and select Normal instead of Night)
-Auto setting can turn it ON at said times.

-Double check the DN's on the phone (same exts as they were at old desk)
-Feature * 0 then press all buttons to see if a night/service button is programmed behind a key...

because it's at night I am guessing night mode accidentally turned on or somebody using F984 at 5pm

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Hmm, maybe I am not being clear, or I added unnecessary information so upon further testing...

all incoming external calls go to a specific users voicemail instead of the general voicemail box. Everything seems correct in the programming

Yes you said that already.
It helps when you verify the questions/tips presented to you rather then say it's all programmed OK, because if it was then it would work : )
Did you verify the items I mentioned above?

Maybe I should re-phrase:
-Verify which phones are set to Appear and Ring
-Verify that Forward Busy is set to NO on those phones
-Verify they do not have a Service Mode key on their phone
-Verify the ringing phones (users) are not using F984 before the leave for the night

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

-Verify which phones are set to Appear and Ring
only the receptionist phone has appear and ring other phone is ring only​
-Verify that Forward Busy is set to NO on those phones
set to none on both phones​
-Verify they do not have a Service Mode key on their phone
no night service mode on any keys​
-Verify the ringing phones (users) are not using F984 before the leave for the night
all users asked none do this. I also made sure no night service by the suggested f#871 same result

I think i looked in the right place

services > ringing services

I have 6 schedules
night set to off
evening set to off
lunch set to off
4 set to off
5 set to off
6 set to off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search