Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After installing Office 2k Premium, some progs wont launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

rathcoffey

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
IE
Hi there

After installing Office 2k on 3 different 98 pcs, Frontpage wont launch on 2 and powerpoint wont launch on the other. I have installed from 2 different disks....

All I get is the splash screen and then back to desktop.....any ideas??

Rathcoffey 'A world without donuts is like a donut without a hole.......wait that would mean more donut! I'm a Genius' Homer Simpson

hi

i don't know if this helps. i just installed autodesk inventor on one of my systems. after i installed it, my perfectly functionning office 2000 premium stopped working. i too get the "splashpage" and then it crashes. i noticed that if you click on any of the file/edit/menu bars, the crash pauses. however, when you go back to the document, the crash is immediate. according to microsoft, it is a problem in the global template. if this helps, great, if not, any ideas for me?

There is a product key (leaked all over the internet) that does not work with SR-1 or higher. It will cause the exact problem your are experiencing.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back