Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After Hours Messaging with Unity

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilyjane

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2002
US
I am trying to leave an after hours message to play when people call our main number after 5:00 in the evening and before 8:00 in the morning. Currently this front desk phone is in a routing pattern with another phone to where if someone doesn't answer one, it rings the other and back and forth until someone is able to answer. This routing was done through our Call Manager system. I am so far unsuccessful in figuring out how to end this routing system during our non-business hours and have the callers go directly to our message. Any thoughts?

There is no night mode in call manager. You could have someone manually call forward the 1st phone at 5:00.

Does call forwarding work on a phone that is associated with a WebAttendant? I read somewhere that it didn't, and I can't seem to get it to work when I try.

I think the call forward feature is associated with the first extension only. If the first extension on the phone is the one you want to forward, regardless of web attendant, this should work (or at least it used to).

If you are using unity, you could have the main number forwarded to a call handler that the schedule is set to forward to the first extension in the loop from 8 to 5, then after 5 forward to a mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back