Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After Hours Forwarding to External Phone Number ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahki

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hi,

I have an Octel 250 using Aria 3.0 with a Nortel 61C pbx switch. An extension on the switch is a MCR (multi-call ring - it rings on more than one phone) - the client for this extension now wants the line to be answered at 5am.

I need to know if there is a way to have it rerouted to an external phone number during a window timeframe (5am-8amPST, M-F) - and if the forwarded number does not answer, it will then roll back into it's own voicemail - if at all possible.

We have been having ongoing issues with our outcalling/paging notifications - it is not 100% reliable and yes, we've had Avaya look into this separate issue.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Laura

What u want is possible with Avaya pbx, and if it is possible in your configuration, it is on the pbx, not the voice mail. The pbx has to be able to recognize if the call gets a busy or rna to the remote location, then bring the call back if that happens. I think u would probably want to post the question in the Nortel forum.

there may be a way to do this with a type 35 and type 34 mb set for call suppervision so if the call is not picked up if will pull the call back. does this person have a mb on that ext number ?

There is a voicemail box for the extension.
This is the voicemail box programming for it right now:

Menu 9 - Change Mailbox Profile 13931
Number: 4503 Mailbox Type: 0 - Voice Messaging
Mailbox Number: 4503 Application Mailbox:
Mailbox Name: Inc, Behringer Community No.: Group ID:
Department: 5000 Express Address:
Subscriber's Extension: 4503 Alias Address:
Attendant Destination: Extension Mailbox:
Calling Group: 0 Attendant Schedule:
Class of Service: 1 After Hours Mailbox:
Outcalling Auth. Code: Forwarding Destination Node:
Outcall Phone No.: Forwarding Dest. Mailbox:
Pager Type: 0 - No Paging Int. Link Number: 1
Caller Prompting: 1 - Full Tel. Ans. Language 1: 1 2: 3:
Message Waiting Allowed: Y EMAIL Access: 0 - None
Mailbox Lang.: 1 - American Eng (Mar) Mailbox VPMOD ID: 13931
New Temporary Password: Fax Cover Sheet Type: 0 - None
Unheard Message Reminder: Y
Bulletins 1: 2: 3: 4: 5:

If I try the type 34 or 35 mailbox, would I need to set the extension up on a physical phone unit as the main extension for it for this to work?

Thanks!
Laura
lauramc@phxa.com

if the ext has a mailbox then you may not beable to use the octel to route the call. is the number that you are trying to reach a cell ? and why would it not be answered ? is it an oncall person. you could setup a type 35 and send the call to the outside number between the hours of 5 and 8 mon to friday but if the outside line is busy or a no ans then the outside line could be forwarded to a D.I.D. number that would roll to a diff mailbox number for the person to leave a message.

But if the ext has a mailbox already then you can set the type 35 to go to a type 34 in the 5 to 8 time frame and go to a type 0 that will have to have a diff number at all other times.

Let me know if you need help with this

Ken Means
Ken@tel-is.com

I have same hardware configuration as tahki above. What I want to do is to transfer certain incoming phone call to external number through type 34 mailbox.

It works on 4 digit extension with type 34 mailbox, but failed if i put 94161234567 in the transfer destinantion field of type 34 mailbox.

I changed the digit of extension from 4 to 10 in menu 1.1, disable the verify extension in menu 2.2. anything else I should check.

Thanks a lot...

try putting a # on the end of the number the pbx is looking at the call and dropping it as the octel port makes the call and then hangs up to soon for the pbx to think it is a valid call you can also change the transfer seq in menu 6 to fnppppp this will also give it time to make it out of the pbx but it may have a advers affect on internal calls

Hi KenMeans,

I tried #, but it is not allowed to enter at the end of the number.

The change in the menu 6 for transfer sequence has no luck. The call is dropped after 53 second regardless of the combination of the sequence.

It has the same situation, after 53 second, the call dropped.

Nothing but a single click, 10 seconds before the call dropped, everytime. No matter what the transfer sequence is.

There are two FLT cards installed, with 8 port on each. emulate totally 16 X M2616. The model # is 044-2541-001.

Any place else I can tell the card type?

Thanks.

no that tells me all i need to know. you will not be able to transfer to outside numbers using the flt-n card only the flt a card and they can't be mixed in a 250 only a 350. thr 2616 set emulation does not even look at menu 6 for the transfer of a call. I have tried to do this before with that type of card and can not your best bet is to send he call to a phone that is forwarded to an outside number using a type 35 for time of day and day of week

That's why. I did exactly what you suggest and it worked fine. The reason I want to make the most of octel system is there are over 20 external numbers need to be transferred in my project. It would be much easier and cheaper with type 32 & 34 mailboxes. If 250 can't, the only way to do it is to have 20 phone sets with call forward enabled, is it right?

Anyway, really appreciate your time and information. My pleaseure to stay with the same forum as you.

I wish there was a way to do this but the software in the octel uses the transfer button on the 2616 set and just does a tran number and hangs up the call. If the Nortel can be programmed to allow this to do a trunk to trunk transfer it may work but I don’t know much about the Nortel

And Thanks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back