Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

after hours customer support 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nscnsc

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2009
US
What would be the best way to vector calls, after buisness hours, to an individual that is "on call" for that evening, for after hours customer support? Staff will alternate evenings for being "on call" so we're talking about several phone numbers being envolved.

You could set up however many splits/skills you would need to cover the amount of people rotating the on-call. Have whoever is on call log in to their appropriate split/skill. In the main customer support vector, have "goto step" lines for each of those splits/skills looking for staffed-agents.

Rough example:
10 goto step 15 if staffed-agents in split xx > 0
11 goto step 16 if staffed-agents in split yy > 0

15 route to number (cell number 1)
16 route to number (cell number 2)

Thanks for your response. I had considered doing it that way. Will their extension/audix still function during normal buisness hours even though they're not loged in to their split?

I would just set up dummy splits that are not associated with the actual working phones. That way it wouldn't affect any of the station coverage.

What I did was set up a vector variable "x" called Day of Year and set the type to "doy". Then in my vector it checks against the current day of the year and sends to the proper tech. That way I build one schedule that automatically updates once a week and forwards to the correct person. I just have to update it once a year. It's a little more complicated to set up but this way i dont have to rely on techs doing it themselves. I can add more details if you want.

Sorry I don't follow you. Could you give me an example.

Could you give me an example of a dummy split.

MadAccess
If you have the time I'd be very interested in the details of how you set this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back