Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After Hours Call Forward 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2005
US
Hi everyone,

I need to setup my CICS (6.1) with Call Pilot 100 R2 to do a time-based after-hours call forwarding to an external number. Currently, we have an AA answering these calls during non-business hours, however, we need to direct incoming calls to an 800 number for answering after hours. I am looking for something automatic in programming, similar to AA scheduling. Is this possible?

you can build a ccr tree with a Home transfer node which will be used for your non business hours.
Make the transfer an external one to required number.
See page 83 of the Call Pilot Manager Set Up and Operation guide on your CD.
If you have "Link" ability on analog lines it doesn't tie up any lines. Otherwise you may have to tie up 2 lines.

To add a transfer, First build a CCR tree, then just have the AA answer the lines according to the Norstar schedule for night if you put the VM DN in the ring group designated for night. OR use the VM schedules, either way. Then have the AA pass the call off to the CCR of your choice (1-8)(recording 1 second of silence in the AA greeting sends it over to CCR without any message). Program the tree by changing the Home/Menu by pressing OTHR until it says Home/Xfr. Immediately press CHG and select EXT. It will come up as outdial <line> press next. Enter a line (last line in system is recommended, you have a call on line 1 already.. or just use pool to get the next available line) or change outdial from <line> to <pool> and enter a pool (pool A =1 , pool B =2, etc). Enter the destination telephone number Press OK 3 times, press end, press save press yes. Then assign it to the AA. You WILL have LOW VOLUME. to remedy that, add external call transfer to a line or pool of lines and insert a # sign in front of the destination telephone number by pressing # ADD OTHR then select the # sign and ADD and DIGIT insert the destination telephone number. This makes the system initiate a Link Transfer. It will use the same line to send the number out of the building and then the line disconnects and is ready fof the next call.

can the link transfer be used for call forwarding, to remedy the low volume issue that appears with call forwarding? see thread799-1189968

As fas as the low volume goes on the analog lines with a call pilot. Check the version of your CO cards. If they are not the AAAE version the volume will be lower due to a 3db loss in the CP. Nortel developed the AAAE card a couple of years ago. The card has dip switches and switch 7 need to be toggled. This should solve your low volume through the CP problems

card is: nt7b75aaaf dip switch bank has 9 switches. all 9 are set to off. (away from the edge connector)

flip switch #7 to ON ? which manual / page for this card and switch settings?

I thought those dip switches were only used to setup the new cards according to the regions that they were being used in ie. North America, Canada, Europe. I thought that was the purpose of them and that the cards themselves were universal?

Louie Roldan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back