Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AES help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbergfeld

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2007
US
We had an Avaya business partner install our AES server. That's all they did, install it. I've got application developers chomping at the bit to write code. We can establish a connection, I think. We get an error. Nobody knows how to decipher this error and getting assistance from Avaya is nearly impossible (you can only communicate to developer connection via email).

I'll post the dump that one of my developers received and hopefully someone, anyone can explain the error.

runSimpleIVR:
[java] Oct 17, 2007 11:38:50 AM com.avaya.mvap.svcproxy.prov.RemoteServiceProvider initServiceProviderImpl
[java] INFO: CMAPI SERVER IP=10.10.8.232: CMAPI SERVER PORT=4722
[java] Oct 17, 2007 11:38:52 AM com.avaya.mvap.svcproxy.prov.ServiceProviderBuilder getCmapiServiceProvider
[java] INFO: SERVICE PROVIDER = com.avaya.mvap.svcproxy.prov.RemoteServiceProvider
[java] Startup using switch=10.10.8.233 ext=012389 pw=123456
[java] setupAudio: codec=g711U, encryption=none
[java] SimpleIVR: calling register failed
[java] Registration failed: reason Registration Reject reason: resourceUnavailable
[java] Invalid product ID is specified. Check the version of switch or license file
[java] The application is terminating: clean up.

Does this mean that the Business partner didn't do something right, i.e. applying a license, or something?

Any help will be absolutely appreciated.

Any links to any type of resources/documentation would also be appreciated!

rbergfeld,

it is the right forum for such questions.

as for your problem, see 'status aesvcs link' first to determine if aes has live connection to the communication manager. you're trying to use cmapi connection, it is licensed on the pbx side unlike tsapi or cvlan. so you may see 'disp sys cust' page before last and check IP_API_A limit. if you have more than 0, you have cmapi licenses.

Awesome. We're getting somewhere.

here's the output of my aesvcs

AE SERVICES LINK STATUS

Srvr/ AE Services Remote IP Remote Local Node Msgs Msgs
Link Server Port Sent Rcvd

01/01 hubaes1 10. 10. 8.232 32887 clan01b11 40 42
01/02 hubaes1 10. 10. 8.232 32912 clan01b09 18 18

The IP_API_A limit might be my problem. here's the output. I don't even have an entry for it. So, is this a business partner issue where they didn't add a product?

MAXIMUM IP REGISTRATIONS BY PRODUCT ID

Product ID Rel. Limit Used
AgentSC 6 : 101 0
IP_Phone : 12000 900
IP_ROMax : 12000 0
IP_Soft : 5 0
IP_Soft 5 : 100 0
IP_eCons 1 : 13 11
: 0 0
I've got so much further this morning than I have the past 2 days trying to get an answer from Avaya.

rbergfeld,

well, your aes link is live and running. so far so good. as for cmapi licenses, it depends. if you ordered some, your business partner should have issued you a new license file for communication manager with IP_API_A license entries. check your order, if there's a key word "CMAPI" it's their fault. if not, you need to order some cmapi licenses additionally.
it would help if you describe what you wish to achieve in more detail. develop some kind of softphone application, ivr, voice mail or call recording system? you may need tsapi licenses as well to get cti data.

Well.. in the long run, we're trying to build a screen pop application that will provide our customer service folks with customer information on inbound calls. That's long run. The current scope of what we're trying to achieve is a type of desktop wallboard for call center agents, so they won't have to look at their phones in Vu-stats or us buying some expensive equipment for wallboards that all depends on placement.

The developers have the SDK and think they can homegrow an app to do this, but can't get anywhere because they are getting the connection error.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm pulling the invoice to verify what we've paid for and contact the business partner who installed it or didn't tell us that we needed it installed.

rbergfeld,

in this case i don't think you need cmapi at all. cmapi is an interface for development of softphone-like applications that need to work with actual voice streams. for example, call recording solutions like nice and witness use cmapi for active voip recording. what you need is a way to control physical equipment like extensions, it may be done via tsapi or cvlan. tsapi is easier to use and more secure, cvlan is for deeper integration between pbx and application.
as for homegrown development, why do you need it at all? use existing applications, for example contact center express. its component called interaction data server collects all the data you need and starting with cce 3.0 it doesn't require any licenses to run. :) ids view api is documented, use it and have fun. if you want complete solution, throw in the wallboard application from the same suite, it also does not require any license to run. i'm not sure what all this mean from a legal standpoint but at least you may try. :)

why some people are trying to make their lives more complex instead going opposite way is beyond my comprehension..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back