Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AES ethernet ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki

Technical User
Aug 16, 2007
SG
I need to use Eth1 as my private connection to my CLAN. and use Eth0 to face the corporate LAN. However, when i try to change the IP address of the Eth1, i can save it, but i cannot see it on the Web interface, under "Administration/Network Configuration/Local IP"

I need to separate the client connectivity, to my switch and Media Connectivity.

you can use command (ifconfig -a) to ensure that the IP address is correct.

Do you try to reboot the AES server?

Use putty(SSH) login as craft. Once at the craft login to sroot and change the ip by using netconfig command.

I did all of those and i tried reboot several times. Actually im almost playing on the server but still i cannot make the eth1 go out on the web interface.

I did all of those and i tried reboot several times. Actually im almost playing on the server but still i cannot make the eth1 appear on the web interface.

Is it really possible to use eth1 or not? For those who deployed budbled servers did u use eth1 facing your private clans and eth0 for ur customer LAN?

By default eth 1 is the service port, eth 0 is used for the customer LAN. My suggestion is leave eth 1 as the service port and use eth 0 instead. This is a good practice leaving the port accessible for maintenance for you and your colleagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back