Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AE3123 Failed to login to TSA when attempting restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgus

MIS
Jul 13, 2000
CA
When I attempt to do a restore I get the following error:<br>AE3123 Failed to login to tsa on server (servername) fffdffd7<br><br>We use Arcserve 6.5 on NT and this only happens when restoring to an Netware server and to it's original location.&nbsp;&nbsp;The other odd thing is that if I use the Admin account it works fine.&nbsp;&nbsp;When using the account set up for the restores (which has admin rights) I get the error and the restore fails.<br><br>The error is followed by the following errors:<br>AE3196 SMS is required to preserve os2 namespace<br>AE3179 no SMS connection<br><br>Any idea's?&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks in advance for you help.<br><br>Mark

Make sure:<br>tsands.nlm<br>tsa410.nlm<br>smdr.nlm<br>are loaded and uptodate and the client\push agent for netware is loaded

Thanks for the help.&nbsp;&nbsp;I was able to figure it out.&nbsp;&nbsp;Turns out that the NW account that I was using for the restores has to have at least 5 concurrent logins.&nbsp;&nbsp;It was set to 4.&nbsp;&nbsp;Once I changed it, the account worked fine.<br><br>Thanks for your assistance.

Mark

Putting any sort of concurrent login restrictions on the backup user of a Netware user when running ArcServe is a bad idea. It looks like ArcServe opens a number of connections under the same login name to do the job (as you found out, sometimes as many as 5). Take concurrent login restrictions right off or you are asking for trouble.

Cheers

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back