Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice with an Access point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabw

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
NL
Hi,

I've got some problems with a ASUS WL330g (with latest firmware) Wi-fi Access point.
I've connected it to my LAN.
The problem is that at random the connection gets lost or has a wired behavior resulting in PC that 'hangs' in that sens that no network connections are possible anymore.
Signal strength is excellent(jus a couple of feet between PC and AP).

I know by now that the WL330g is the problem.
Question: Any good alternative in the same price range as the WL330g.

ps: I don't have this problem if connected (wireless) to my ADSL modem. But in general is the distance PC Modem to far.

Hey,

I would suggest a WG602 - Netgear 802.11g 54Mbps Wireless Access Point, Supports Bridging + Repeating.

Good quality and a good price.

What distance are you trying to cover?

Brett.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NSW, Australia
(Unless you want to pay for our trip?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks.

But, just bought a LinkSys WPA54G. The signal strength of this device is avarage and it's performance in day to day use, well, I will find that out in the day's to come.

Best test I know is using a radio stream and if it still works after somthing between a few minutes an a couple of hours than the device is expected to be OK.
Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back