Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice using aggregate

Status
Not open for further replies.

gruposenda

Programmer
Jan 11, 2007
MX
Hi :
I have a list with 3 columns : (1) Kilometers, (2) Liters, (3) calculation=Kilometers/Liters. I need a total for the first and second column, but for the calculation I have doubts, I need the same calculation Kilometers/Liters like a total. How can I use the aggregate to get this result ?
Thanks in advance

Code:
total([Kilometers] for report)/total([Liters] for report)

Ties Blom

Thanks blom0344.
There is additional information : In the first column, I have aggregate function = average and rollup aggregate function=total, for the second aggregate function = total and rollup aggregate function=total, and for the calculation, I have calculated and calculated. My problem is with the calculation at the end of the report. It seems to take the kilometer of the last line before the grand total.
Thanks again.

Hmm, did you try to use my initial suggestion?

Is there any point in rolling up averages as totals?
Averages are by nature non-additive facts (i.e. they cannot be totalled as such , at least not with making any sense)

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back