Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice required - remote email for 200 users

Status
Not open for further replies.

gscheepers

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2002
US
Hi,

I need some advice and guidance with finding the best solution for allowing access to approx. remote 200 users to have access to their email.

We have two organisations that's becoming part of us in a months time and we somehow have to provide email access to them in the interim while our new building is being built, etc.

Two possible solutions came to mind: -

1 - Secure Terminal Services

My main concern on this is that if we have 40/50 users login at one time on a 4Mb leased connection it will be extermely slow.

2 - Outlook Web Mail

This should have less of an impact on broadband resources, but I might be wrong on this.

I'm not sure whether I would like to go the route of RPC over HTTPS for this, but I would appreciate any advice and guidance on finding an appropriate solution for this.

I look forward to any advice you may provide.

Kind regards,

Gerhard

Thanks for the advice...

I had a feeling that this might be the way I'll have to go, but to be quite honest, I've tried to implement this a few times and have never been able to get it work.

Any guidelines (that works) on setting it up?

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back