Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

charnny

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
GB
I have added some customer information in a vector where a caller can press 1 to listen to some pre recorded information. I have put this into the vector as normal. Problem is management want to know how many people have pressed this option.As its not routing to a VDN I am struggling to get this info ( without reprogramming the whole set up ) . Is there a way to tell how many people have listened to an annoucement or put some sort of counter on a step to tell how many people have routed to that step ?

Thanks

You could use a variable and it will count every time you hit that step. You could also use CMS to report on a VDN.

Option 1: list measurements announcements all yesterday-peak
This will tell you how many times an announcement was played. The drawback is that you only have 1 day of history available to you.

Option 2: Rewrite your vector so when callers press 1 to listen to your announcement, they are sent to a different vector.

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

Susan , isn't 'yesterday peak' just for the peak hour only ? rather than a count of the whole day ? thanks

Also phone guy , I tried that variable idea but got stuck , would you be kind enough to explain how I set that up ?
Thanks

Define the variable A. Then in your vector do a 'set A = A ADD 1'

You are correct; sorry about giving out bad information!

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

Phone guy , sorry to labour this point but what type of variable should it be ( collect , value etc ) I was thinking along your lines but I couldn't get a variable to count everytime that step is hit , can you eloborate even more ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back