Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

advice on what to use to change page

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedlady

Programmer
Apr 26, 2001
US
Hi all. I don't know too much about web disign, so I could really use your suggestions. I maintain a webpage for my church, but I did not do any of the designing. This is how it currently looks- which looks great. The problem is that the information that changes (news, weekly, events section) are hard-coded onto each page! So changing one item means updating all pages!

My question is, how could I replace that code? Before this redesign, (yes it was ugly) I had a frameset on the index page, referencing events.htm. Is there a way to make a news.htm, events.htm, and weekly.htm and somehow put it in the designer's table layout and not mess the look up?

Sorry, so long. And thanks in advance!
Melissa

Oh no! Someone just brought to my attention that if you go to the page today, you get a blue screen-nothing else!!

Any ideas on what I could have done? I uploaded a new map last night, and looked at it......so it was fine then. Is it possible that if one of the sources on a newsfeed was down, this happened? Or, maybe I did something the hosting company didn't like? The carp files??

lol-I'm clueless here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back