Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on skills needed? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

E3xtc

MIS
Mar 11, 2003
NZ
Hi,

We are starting to have some need to use web services and have integration of our data to a front end which customers can use over the web.
So seeing as I have no skill base to call upon for this, I am after your worldly advice, on what skills/languages I really need to start to become familiar with in order to make the most out of this and develop this in house....

Hopefully I am not sounding too raving mad, and have made a small bit of sense.

Keen to hear your thoughts
Cheers
Troy

yeah thanks Jeff for the response, I have spoken to a few others also, and get a feeling that asp.net, c# and visual studio.net is the direction that I should be heading...

Just seems a very daunting task moving from DBA type role, into learning c# etc *gulp*....

If anyone else has some good resources on the web, which might be a good starting point - then they will be appreciated with welcoming arms...

Cheers
Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back