Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on setting up new Farm with Secure Gateway/Secure Ticket 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jny04

Technical User
Oct 6, 2004
GB
Hi there I was wondering if anyone has advise/or a document on setting up secure gateway with secure ticket.

Metaframe PS3

cheers

Citrix has really good documents on their web site, I suggest doing a search on their web site. Here's one to get you started. It's a pretty easy setup and works really nice.

=====================================
The good ole days weren't always good
and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems

okay thanks...

I have 3 servers to set up. how u suggest i do it!?!?

old guy had suggested two farm metaframe and a ticket machine(dmz)..(all on one farm). all on 2003 Server.

Do i install presentation server on the all of them first?

or only the two farm machines, and the one on the dmz - just add webinterface, and secure gateway (and i take it IIS??)

Also Presentation Server!? What disc does Secure gateway come on??

There are generally 3 servers like you say. Niether of these servers need or should have Presentation Server installed on them. The Web Interface and Secure Gateway go in the DMZ. The Secure Ticket Authority will be on your local/private LAN. I can't think of a reason to have two farms.

The good ole days weren't always good
and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems

Sorry no i think i confused you -

It an entirely new farm -

1. On the DMZ, with secure - gateway/webinterface.
2 and 3 are new servers with one of them being the main database server for citrix.

Im just abit unsure how to install it all, and terminal server etc etc!?!?

however i watched a dmz system be installed on the test envroment - looks easy enough...but i wasnt sure if should install presentation server on them all or not.

Summarise what i think

1&2 - Presentation Server 4 -
1. is the lead farm system?!

3 is the dmz system webinterface/secure gateway?!?!?

IT is one farm..

thanks again!

Your Summary is correct. One server in the DMZ for SG/WI, and the two on the internal network can have Presentation Server.

If you need to use the Secure Ticket Authority (STA), you can install that on any machine that has IIS on it. It is only a small .dll that you add and you probably don't need a whole server dedicated to just the STA. I think it can handle something like 10,000 connections a minute so with the scope you mentioned, just put it on any internal server you have with IIS.

I am currently in the same boat.
We are going to implement a Farm with 2 Citrix Presentation servers and one server in DMZ with the SG/WI. We are also debating another server to handle the SG/WI internally so internal users don't have to "go out to go back in"

Question - what kind of specs should the SG/WI server have? I know it needs IIS. But are there any minimum specs. We are talking a max of 40 users at the most. So, keep that in mind. I always have a tough time getting minimum requirements from Citrix so I like to ask IT people in the real world.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back