Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on options - TDE-200 to Asterisk fax server

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJA

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
CA

Hello,

At our main business location, we have a TDE-200. It is connected to our LAN & communicates to other TDE-200's in our other branches.

I'd like to implement a Linux fax server in our building (Asterisk & Hylafax working together).

The TDE-200 at the main branch has a V-IPGW16 virtual card in it. As I understand it (& I maybe wrong) this card communicates using H323 only.

For SIP trunking - I 'believe' need a V-SIPGW16.

Asterisk can work with either H323 or SIP (G711). Does anyone have any advice, web sites, blogs, guides, etc - for a Panasonic TDE communicating with Asterisk using VoIP?

Ideally - if it's possiple to get this working using H323 - then I can avoid buying a 'V-SIPGW16'.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Adams

Me too - but I spoke to a guy in Calgary who says he has it working 100% with no problems, (Asterisk to Panasonic IP-GW).

From what I'm reading, I 'think' there's a bug in the very latest h323 (ooh323) in Asterisk and that's what causing the calls to drop.

I might try going back a few versions to see if it works - because it's working for him.

Paul :)

OK - it's fully working. Calls to extensions on each system work fine.

I need to work out how to dial an external number from Asterisk via the Panasonic (the panasonic will allow internal calls but not external)

I'm a bit busy at the moment, but when I get the chance, I should write up the notes.

Regards

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back