Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on new PABX needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

prinand

MIS
Jun 13, 2000
GB
we have a small office in the Netherlands where I want a solution for :
20 desk phones, 6..8 DECT phones and 2 stations
It must be possible to connect to Cisco call manager (just on a low level, just calling and being called)
And possible growth to ~ 50 phones.

the office is too old, and not fit to get VOiP so I want a traditional PABX with an optional VOiP card in case we might want to start calling to another location via VOiP

So far i have 4 options :
Siemens, Ericson, Alcatel and Samsung

all we want is DDI, no voicemail, no music, no auto-attendant, basicly nothing fancy. But I want to be able to program the system from remote via the network if needed (just changing names, changing numbers, add/remove some people from groups).

does anyone have experience, Idea's what they would choose, or maybe there are better more reliable brands.

I want a reliable system for a fair price and which has proper support, and which will be available for the next 5..10 years

Any idea's suggestions ????

Md110 should do the job. Minumum release of BC11 if you want VOIP. (BC12 if you want IP trunks).Md will work to Call Manager using a Cass link, and you will only require 3 device cards for phones, if you're not going VOIP locally. Access is possible over the network using the NIU card for moves and changes.
DECT is also an option, for the number of handsets you mention, 1 ELU31 card required, assuming you will need less that 8 base stations.

HiCom is a good choice. I have actually tested the Cisco CM with an Inter-Tel Axxess system and it integrates pretty well. Sounds like what you need is a Inter-Tel Axxess lite. You can program the system via your network and its easy to maintain, for a decent price.
here's the site for you

Pansonic TDA100/200 will do all that you want and is easily upgraded, with Remote card and DDI can be programmed from anywhere

We have been using Ericsson MD110 PBX for over 8 years now.
Ericsson has been keeping up with technology and we have just upgrade our system to BC12 release which gives integrated dect system and IP trunking.I can strongly recommend it.And I am sure,it will keep up with technology over the years to come.
Good luck

You recommend MD110 for 20-25 users, bit of overkill isn't it. still think hicom 150e or avaya IP office is best

I took over a Hicom 150 after the consultants screwed up and dropped all support for it. Didnt take too long to learn about it from basic manuals. Then spent a night and totally reconfigured it. Down time whent from 2 - 3 hrs per mth. To 2 - 3 mins per year. Can be a good work horse IF setup correctly. Lots of features for a small switch.

---------------------------------
PDulfo aka pdiddy

What about a Nortel Meridian Option 11C, Cheap, very stable??

There are a tutorials on the web on what to look for in a phone system. I can't imagine a office not needing voice mail of any sort, I have never heard of such of thing!!!
As far as support, more and more manufacturers are cutting short their support time. For example, Avaya on the their website support.avaya.com shows that they have set the end of support for their largest pbx of just a view years ago, the G3R.
But anyway, here are some tutorials and selection assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back