Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on ATA or VMI or nam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbnortel

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
US
It seems the info that we have for whats left of the system goes like this.
Building went belly up.
New owner called a phone comp 4 years ago and they could not get into the mics that was here to set or reset it.
They offered an exchange for a couple grand and put the current Mics in it has several open slots the only Board I see is stamped T1, and all 3 aphelon(sp) the third for the music hookup. the nam we came across in the attic says its meridian as does the mics. Since we are looking for an economical way to ditch the phone co voice mail. I was trying to check it out. currently we have an ATAII with a DAT hooked up. Seems to work ok so far. We don't want multi boxes but do need the ability for announcments for events from time to time thanks for the help and any directions you could point such as would it be better to get the vmi for the dtad ? I see this would give basic rollover if line one and 2 were to go off at the same time? Is there any special codes to set up ? whould I still have to punch the F808 when retrieving messages?

Thanks again this forum is a great IDEA !

If you have a fiber NAM and a 6 port expansion card installed in slot 2 of the MICS we should be able to set this up correctly. I would plug the Nam into the first slot of the 6 port fiber expansion card this will put your vm ports on 3XX numbering plan. I would suggest unplugging the phone system before installing any new equipment. Once installed power up all the equipment. You will have to wait awhile for all the equipment to come up (5-10min) your NAM will sing you a tune when it is up and running. From that point you will need to do a Feature 983 with a password of config or if your 3 digit extensions 1020000. This will allow you access into the NAM to set up Mailboxes and other programming. I hope that this has been helpful to you. I will check back on you tomorrow. Good Luck.

Open up the front cover and and give us some numbers to look at! this for the Banquet Hall I take?
Yes this would let multi lines get answered at the same time and would let you have multiple setups like for a list of special events/specials press 1, for company address and fax# press 2, for Sales press 2, for admin office press 3,Kitchen press 4 etc and much more.

Thanks curlycord b the Nam was way toast there musta been some surges around the building cause it was toast we kept the current sys n place ata on 42 to a DTAD , Cheap but effective. As i some other posts here and around the owner is real cheap and other than the quality of the current DTAD ( kinda staticy) it suited the purpose which was to be able to move people to voice mail after the call came in.

So my new questions are should I try to hunt down and oer vm A ? B? C? r mini that has a hard drive I understand that the flash and digital that we have Has that Character rather tinny.

Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back