Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on a network exam - please take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

neillovell

Programmer
Aug 27, 2002
GB
Hi,
I'm almost finished with a course (CD-ROM based) and contacted the company involved about what the next step was. I was informed that I could either take one of their "diplomas" or take the following exam

N10-002 CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam 2002 Objectives

Looking up information on the course at
it says that the ideal candidate should have 9 months experience with networks and A+ certification.

I have neither. In fact this course was recommended to me by the company as a great way to make my break in to IT.

Has anyone taken this exam, or the previous years (or any network exam!). Am I going to be at a severe disadvantage if I take the exam?

neillovell - I didn't notice that you'd started a separate thread with this question... I responded in the "What should my next cert be" thread
---angie

Thanks, I posted a couple because these boards don't seem to be visited very often.

Many thanks,
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back