Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on 70-293

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2005
GB
I just sat the 70-293 exam and thought I would offer some advice.

If you know your 70-291 technologies that's great but I would also spend some time really investigating Clustering Technologies. I had a few questions relating to both NLB and Server Clusters and it wasn't anything we really touched on the 291 course.

I would also make sure you are upto date on how CA work, know the differences between Enterprise and Standalone.

Make sure your RAS and VPN knowledge is good and also make sure you know the differences between PPTP and L2TP, know the limitations.

The exam was 40 questions, no simulations (they are due in June) and to be honest I knew I was ready for the exam before I took it. The last couple of days prep are essential, read up on any subjects that you think you know but aren't sure on (I used the MS Press book and it was perfect). Also if you can, use practice exams to test your knowledge, the newest Transcenders are available and the tests are fairly similar to what you can expect in the real thing. One thing to note however is that the Transcenders include simulations, they aren't on the real exam yet.

All in all not as hard as I was expecting but I think that's more because of I had done a lot of preparation for it.

very spot on...

and for passing, well done!!!!

id also add... DNS / networking in LAN / Perimeter networks..

Aftertaf

"Solutions are not the answer." - Richard Nixon

SimonDavies,

Thanks for the excellent review. That sounds like what I would have written if I were that articulate <g>.

Out of curiosity, what was your score?

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Wishdiak, I got 850

nice one....
i got 800 two weeks ago.

Aftertaf

"Solutions are not the answer." - Richard Nixon

Congrats to both of you. I don't remember the date that I passed 70-293, but I do remember the score was 919. This was my highest Microsoft exam score to date.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Hello

I just passed 70-293 with 875. I will be taking my 70-294 next. Do you have any info on the structure of that exam?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back