Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

advice needed on wireless connection 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

micky500970

Programmer
Jul 9, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have a Dlink ADSL wireless router and having a couple of problems. On computer A I can access most Internet sites except wanadoo.co.uk which is my ISP. why is that?

I have asked a friend to try the site to make sure it is working and it is.

On the other laptop i appear to get even less sites and it is a lot slower. Some time on this computer IE does not connect at all. However, it I drop to DOS and ping yahoo I get a reply.

It seems to me that this is a DNS issue but I do not know how to fix it.

The AP and the laptops are G.
I have disabled encryption.
Any ideas?

cheers
Mick

If you think it's a DNS issue, tell us what DNS IP addresses you've got in there...

Secondly, I'm not familiar with the DLink router, but does it offer an ethernet connection so you could try one of the computers hard-wired to it?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Have you checked the machines both viruses and spyware.....these can cause major problems....

Joamon,

Your advice was spot on. I borrowed my brothers laptop and it connected without any bother at all. I then downloaded and ran spybot on my computers and it worked immediately after restarting.

Must have been some nasty bug hiding somewhere.

Cheers

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back