Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice me! Using Java instead of Oracle Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

haniis

Programmer
May 29, 2008
JO
Dear Friends,
we are going to do our own business, I heared that Oracle will use Jdeveloper(JSP) instead of Oracle forms.
please advice us to go with Jdeveloper or with Oracle forms.
our product will be ERP.

My understanding is that oracle forms is a thing of the past. You probably want to consider Oracle ADF for new development.

-----------------------------------------
I cannot be bought. Find leasing information at

I think ADF and JDeveloper work together. ADF is a framework. From oracle's site
The Studio Edition for Windows is the most popular download of Oracle JDeveloper. It contains all the features of the product - including ADF, J2EE, UML, Database, Java, and XML. This download includes JDK 6 and is supported on Windows Vista, XP, 2003 and 2000.
You don't have to use JDeveloper to use ADF, and vice versa.
Oracle ADF is an end-to-end Java EE framework that simplifies development by providing out of the box infrastructure services and a visual and declarative development experience.
So you'd be using JDeveloper and ADF, instead of Oracle Forms Builder. I'm far from an expert on the subject. It's probably worth while to read oracle's documentation to see what they have to say about each product.

-----------------------------------------
I cannot be bought. Find leasing information at

I think Java is the best choice using Oracle as a database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back