Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice for study material for A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron626

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2011
I am preparing for the A+ exam and I trying to get as much help as possible with study material... Any advice!

I'm Studying the CompTia A+ book, so far I think is a good book, I have not tried another one, maybe some elase has a different opinion.

Tron626,

Mike Meyers (not the TV star) is the CompTIA guru when it comes to the best study guides for a CompTIA exams.

Just Google CompTIA A+ study guide or books and Mike Meyers and check them out at Amazon.

Also your best bet is to get an old PC off of eBay and practice tearing it down getting to know all about the RAM, video cards, sound cards, modeums, nic card - you want an older P4 with lots of expansion slots, so the big towers work out well and you can find most the cards very cheap if it does not already have them.

Lots of practice, and you really don't want to practice on your "main" computer in case you screw things up, use the main computer to "Google" for help - Google/Bing can be your best friend and in doing you will find tons of videos and other study material that will work right along with what you are trying to learn.

Good luck!!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back