Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cisk

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
NL
hi,

Is there a tool that can move advertisements from client A to client B? I set of using the standaard way moving manualy.

thnx

Pls ciks,
what u mean by moving adver from client to client, from the client itself or by using the collections ?
because i will search with u asap

thanks in advance

What i mean is..

When i have a old client that wil replaced for a new client. Is there a tool to move the advertisements from the old client to the new client.
Now i have to go to the advertisement and delete the old client en add the new client.

thnx

cisk,

just to get you right:
you have a client A which has some packages advertised.
you have a client B which replaces client A - is this correct ?
So, all you have to do is to modify the advertisments with client B.....or am I missing something ?

Chris

Yes that's correct!
I have 2500 sms client's here and we have more than 150 advertisements. And for the future there will be a lot replacements with the client's for newer ones.
So i wan't a tool to move the advertisements from the old client to the new client. Just to make is easy for us.

What do you mean with modify the advertisement?

you can should modify the collection for the advertisement - just add the new client to the desired collection.
go to the properties of the collection and then edit the memebership rules for it....

hope this helps ;)
chris

I know this option, but when you have many clients to do and these clients have a lot of advertisements.....
This is a lot of work.

So i wan't to make it easy for us. Just a tool that moves the advertisment(s) from the old client to the new client.

thnx anyway

cisk,
ok - i understand what you are up to....

i did this the following way (but it is NOT RECOMMENDED by MS):
Open the Enterprise Manager for your SQL-Server, go to the appropiate table and do a "find / replace" there

Cheers,
Chris

It's very easy brother,

u can do that by create collections for every group in ur network, regarding ( location, busnis..or any thing )make the membership rules for that collection ( query-based ) and when u add the new computer to the domain will discover and orgnaized in the collections regarding the criteria
so they will receive the adbvertisement automatically...

sorry fo my language it's not so much good!!

With my best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back