Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advanced Management Module Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblewis

MIS
Jun 25, 2003
US
I'm pretty well experienced with the Blade Ceenters but we just got our first one with the "Advanced Management Module" This is the one with the USB interface instead of the PS2 ports. When I power up the blade the leds on the keyboard blink, either in unison or sequentially. I've figured out that when they are blinking, I can use the arrow keys to control which blade the console is viewing. Also I seem to be able to use ctrl-alt-enter to make the leds stop blinking and cause the keyboard to behave normally.

I've tried unsuccessfully searching for more details, so does any one else know of anything else that I should know about the AMM console??

Thanks!

Thanks, I don't have any problems when working with the web interface, when I can work with the web interface, it's when I actually want to sit in front of the blade center with a keyboard, mouse and monitor.

I hadn't seen the demo before, but I had reviewed the user guide.

Thanks though!

JB

It sounds like your KVM is highly suspect (bad). I work in a data center where we have numerous Blade Centers. We have had to replace many KVM's because of defects. IBM investigating. Also beware of firmware on KVM's, just like everything else that IBM makes, it's firware can be downloaded and updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back