Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advanced Features for exchange not showing in MMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbl

MIS
Sep 6, 2001
CA
We use exchange 2000 server SP3 on windows 2000 server SP3 with active directory. Recently I have had to hide some users from the address book in outlook clients. I did this by going into the mmc for and selecting active directory for users, and selecting the advance features in the view menu of the mmc. Normally the Exchange advanced feature tab would then appear for a user's properties. Indeed it does for some of the users I have hidden, but for one user (which I must now unhide) the tab is not showing.

Any ideas as to why this might happen? I do not want to have to delete the user to solve this problem, but will I have to delete his profile?
Thanks!

hello...i was wondering if you found a way to enable the exchange tabs...i noticed that i can only see when i'm physically at the domain controller...but as soon as i mmc from another machine i cant see the tabs...

thanks!

Brendaluv - you need to have exchange system manager installed on the machine your using mmc to connect to with.

gbl, where are you running mmc from?

It's also a good practice to service pack the Exchange management tools to the same level as the Exchange servers one is managing.

STUPID QUESTION : where do i install the Exchange System Manager from? the Exchange 2000 CD? i checked and i couldnt find any setup for this...

thanks!

run the regular setup and choose to only install ESM in selections.

Thanks...i ran the install and i'm getting a bunch of CLASS NOT REGISTERED errors at the end of the install...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back