Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advanced Calendar Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossmcauslan

Programmer
Jun 21, 1999
GB
I have to convert our Delphi 2 database to Access 97 so that it is in the same format as the rest of the company databases. <br>
<br>
The database poses no problems in terms of the relationships between the various tables etc. However my problem is that the Delphi uses a grid to represent the current month. The background colour of the day represents a certain condition. eg, sick day, holiday.<br>
<br>
Does anybody have any suggestions where to start to implementing this in Access 97<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Ross

There are very few free calendar codes available. I also faced this where I needed to color code a docket system using a monthly calendar. What I did was create a form with 42 boxes. I made the value of the label for each box equal to the date. Then I created a dynaset of values from the database where the date fell in that month. Then I changed the color of box(x) to red if the item was overdue or yellow if the item was near due. I realize that this is a bump and grind method and there may be an elegant prefab way to do it. I also was able to place the name of the person and the item # in the day box for which it was due. Custom work, custom benefits.<br>
<br>
Barry

barry there is a free calendar control that alredy falg using four differnt colors a selected day of the month maybe you can edit the code to suit your needs....i am trying to do something similar except using text....but here is how youll find some help go to aol keyword search...adding text to calendar controls youll be able to download the file i was referring to..sorry its a little hit or miss but it will be on the 1st or 2nd page of choices...i wish i could remember the url but i cant sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back