Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advance search not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivelinkDotnet

Programmer
Jul 5, 2010
IN
Need help Urgent

When we are trying search for record on livelink which is already present on livelink.
When we search that record through Advance search selecting category and enter one of the attribute value , search returns no result found. But when we enter same number in search textbox it gives us record. It seems to be that advance search is not working

We have chechec search engine and index engine both are working ok and no pending items for indexing

Please Please help us urgent

search the online help for how to find the attribute using LQL. If it still does not return results I would contact your system administartor and ask him to check if the category/attribute pair shows up in search regions and whether or not search by default,queryable & displayable is set for it.If all fails re-index the object and open a ticket with OT

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

There are more than 50 records which have this problem , is there a way to reindex all these items in one go.
Actualy when i have gone to category and just clicked on submit and after this i have tried to search and it was working ok . But doing this for more than 50 records is time taking task. Can you please suggest any method by which we can reindex all objects

In Advance thanks a lot for your support

You can reindex your system which will do them for you, although this may take a while to complete if you do a full rebuild.

I believe that there is an option to repopulate without recreating the entire index, so that would seem a better option.

You may also be able to popululate the index queue table - DTREENOTIFY - directly, if you contact support then they will be able to provide the relevant SQL for you.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Re-indexing in this case will simply get you right back here, and a little more frustrated. Clearly, the object in question is in the index, since you can put a term in the search text box and get a result.

To further understand if the object is in the index, you can type in type in the object ID and search that way. For example:

OTObject:21684439

Where the 21684439 in this case is the object ID; what you need to examine is the query being generated, for this you need to turn on the thread logs and indicate in the options section of the opentext.ini:

wantDebugSearch=TRUE

After a restart, re-execute the query and the threads will contain details of the search being performed.

The use of the advanced search supersedes the queryable regions and the search by default regions. The use of the category and attribute section of the advanced search page direct a specific query, something in the form of
Attr_123455_6:1234
You said: "But when we enter same number in search textbox it gives us record"

This may be caused by a number of issues:

1/ The number being searched for in the content of the document
2/ The number is in a search by default region

Again, I think getting the particular query being executed is the best path to follow next.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back