Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADSM Forum 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

szetop

MIS
Aug 17, 2000
US
Hi there,

I am starting to use ADSM for backing up 28 HPUX 9000 servers at work. I am just wondering if anybody out there knows any good book or materials that I can browse thru.

I'd also like to chat with people using ADSM as well.

Anybody out there!!

Thanks,

[sig][/sig]

You can find guides and manuals in the IBM redbook web page,

Also you can find related documents searching for "ADSM" or "TSM" in the IBM web site or in the Tivoli web site

Note: TSM (Tivoli storage Manager) is the same ADSM but new versions.

[sig][/sig]

Thanks for your tips. Are you using ADSM yourself?

Thanks,
Paul

The IBM Red books are a good learning point for *SM (ADSM or TSM = *SM). Also there is another list server that is widely used and it has many other users as well as Tivoli developers that reply to questions/problems. It is a bit slow loading the web page but it is good. From the web site you can join the distribution lists as well as do searches of the archives. Here is the URL

adsm.org is a large, but unwieldy, resource for ADSM/TSM problem-solving.

I would like to find a good message board, as well. It's too bad that this one doesn't have more users. I'm almost to the point that I'm thinking of starting an EZBoard on the subject. It would be much friendlier than adsm.org.

Sigh.....

Mikeymac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back