Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADSL connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2007
JO
Hi,
we are dialup ISP company. what we need if we want to offer ADSL .

Several things need to be answered first, for example
How will you deliver the dsl to the customer?

Will you resell lines from the ILEC?

Have you thought about wireless?

I can go on and on here so you will need to get a business plan together......

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Thank you for you reply
first
How will you deliver the dsl to the customer?
may be you can answer me this question.

second
Will you resell lines from the ILEC?
yes, if I need it. and please tell me more what I need exactlly I need how many lines .

Have you thought about wireless?
no I don't need a wireless now. I think about ADSL .

In all honestly, if you have to ask such questions I wouldn't advise you trying to establish a dsl service. How the heck can you support it in all honesty?

Wireless meaning towers and radios, not wireless router for your house. Wireless towers that are 802.11G are 54 MBps, and transmit microwave signals and can be effective up to 25 miles.

Burt

well your definitely going to have to use the telcos facilitities here since they own all the copper into the houses.. so you will be paying aportion of each subscribers monthly price to them as they basically lease the local line and dslam port to you.

some people are simply resellers with no facilities and others just use the telcos local access and have it all routed back to their noc where you will then be required to have your own access to the internet.

your internet connection better be ready to get bigger.. because one 6mb dsl subscriber will use alot more bandwidth then your current dial up users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back