Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADSL Connection on 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

AckeyG

Technical User
Jul 17, 2007
GB
Evening....

I have the following issue which i need to resolve. Firstly i have 2K3 SBS edition which services around 5 users on AD & Exchange. The server has one nic on it.

Previously the router was plugged into the switch and gave all machines & server their IP addys via this. The Old router blew and the company has purchased a SWEEX MO200UK ADSL Router. I have changed over the server to a fixed IP and enabled the DHCP to service the clients and reserved the printers on the network, all fine.

The problem being I am trying to get connection to the outside world to service the exchange and also give internet access. I have gave the router a fix IP, and enabled it to SNMP in which to check the server IP....am i doing the right thing or am i better to get another network card to attach the ADSL to obtain the settings automatically and leave the existing one to service the LAN?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back