Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADP Timeout Expired & closes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca999

Programmer
Oct 14, 2003
US
I have a very simple ADP connected to an SQL Server database via File->Connection. The only objects in the ADP are the SQL Server objects (a couple views, some tables and some store procedures, there is not any vb code). I am the only one using the ADP. If I have a table or stored procedure open and I am updating it, after a period of time, it will give me a message Timeout Expired and then the ADP stops responding. With the table, I was making a change to the value of a column and it did this. I wasn't ever able to update the table again. I had to recreate it. The "dba" says that the time out is set to 0 (unlimited) and my timeout in the ADP under File->Connection->Advanced is also set to zero. Yet, I am still getting these. any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Anyone?

Our "dba" turned the governor off and everything was fine yesterday. Today, I can't save or change anything without getting the ADO: Timeout Expired.

In case anyone else has this, the transaction log was full.

That is not a good sign that the transaction log filled up. A normal DBA routine is to backup the database probably daily and backup the transaction log at least as often and truncate the transaction log after the backup.

Thanks for the response cmmrfrds. We know about the DBA, we just wish mgmt did too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back